Too many times, I was asked why I don't invest in various crypto coins. Back in the days when we used to have conferences in real life, random strangers often came to me. They told me to use blockchain which will solve all of the security problems in the application (just imagine any application). When I started asking for a patch with full implementation, that trouble went away fast.
Now, a 2 hours long video has all the explanations as required. Watch it with your family, share it with your friends.
Links for the week
- System transparency at Mullvad
- How secure are journalists' favorite transcription tools?
- Enforcing the pyramid of open source
- Ola Bini's trial resumed
- End-to-end encryption protects children
- Mudge & Rinki Sethi are leaving Twitter
- Podcast with ippsec
- Israeli police used Pegasus against officials and family members
- EU wants own DNS service
- Jonathan Leitschuh is the inaugural Dan Kaminsky Fellow
- Tutanota on Google analytics
- Unsafe anywhere: women human rights defenders speak out about Pegasus attacks
Video for the week
Watch Brian Kernighan talking about The early days of Unix at Bell Labs.
If you want to discuss any of these topics, hop on to the Libera.chat server (IRC), and come to the #learnandteach channel. Or you can find me on fediverse https://toots.dgplug.org/@kushal.