Last week there were many different big news. We had significant size data breaches to Zoom buying https://keybase.io. Though a few friends are not happy about this acquisition, most of the people just want to wait. To see how this goes. There is a big chance that the Keybase team will stay back and make Zoom better.
In my last newsletter, I pointed out an attack in the wild using Salt Stack. After I sent out the newsletter, there were other instances of the attack using the same vulnerability. Here is a detailed blog post on the Akamai site about the same.
Links for the week
- WeChat monitoring files sent via their system
- Discussion of ca-certs on Homebrew
- Do not edit bash scripts while they are running
- Europol arrests Infinity Black group
- Data breach at GoDaddy
- NSO group forgot to put password in their server
- Xiaomi sends private data
- Digital Ocean exposed customer private information
Video for the week